Installer IV(Telecom-Central Office) - $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
St. Louis, MO
San Diego, CA
Little Rock, AR
Kansas City, KS
Los Angeles, CA
Who We Are:
Founded in 1985, Telamon is a family-owned, minority-owned, and privately held company based in Indiana with global operations. Our vision is to be a load bearing support across generations, and we live by our core values of Honesty, Harmony, Simplicity, and Stewardship. We are deeply committed to honoring transparency, championing diversity, and cultivating growth. We talk about these often, and this is an important part of who we are!
What We Do:
Telamon leads the pack in designing, building, and installing telecommunication networks enabling connectivity in all forms, from traditional mobile phone usage and connectivity in stadiums, hospitals and schools, all the way down to connected safety in our cars with the industrial manufacturing of wire harnesses for airbag and seatbelt applications. We have a diversified business model that cultivates growth not only for our company but for our employees as well.
What We Need:
We are currently seeking an Installer IV to join our team! If you are looking for a place to grow your skills and share our values, read below and see if this role is a match for you.
Under minimal supervision, the Level IV installer will perform a wide variety of field activities ranging from intermediate to advanced system work including installing, maintaining and servicing telecommunication equipment for a variety of carriers. The Installer should possess a clear understanding of Central Office Installation / CO Installation and Quality Standards contained in AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcorida GR-1275, AT&T TP76300 and/or Verizon IP72202 Iss 5-1 core standards. May oversee the work of less experienced installers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead various types of installation projects
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Install Frame and rack builds
- Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission; Use a
- variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures Lacing, stitching, sewing cables
- Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, inverters, converters, raycaps and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks
- Terminate cables using RJ45 connectors
- Clean and scope fiber connectors, Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment (ex: OTDR)
- Install ironwork (ladder rack) cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems, and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design
- Tests and evaluates systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
- Complete detailed documents of work performed and provide daily status updates
- Ability to serve as the installation in-charge person
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires strong technical knowledge of current Network products with minimal training performed and recorded on Safety, Business Code of Conduct, Quality assurance and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Formal “Basic Installation” training course is required (or equivalent on the job training)
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the phases of product installation
- Familiar with AT&T TP-76300 /76400 / Telcordia GR1275 and Verizon IP72202 installation standards.
- Experience with major carriers like AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, Sprint, SBC, T-Mobile, etc.
- Experience installing major OEM equipment like Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, Coriant hiT 7300, Cisco ASR, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Proficient using various computer equipment such as laptops, tablets, etc. as well as knowledgeable with various software platforms
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be willing and available to travel away from home for several weeks at a time (up to 75%)
- Shift work required on demand
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
- Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
- Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, climb, lift, pull and push
Education and Experience Required:
- Electronics training equivalent to 2 years of technical trade school or military school and 6 years of field service, or equivalent as determined by Installation Manager
- Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer
- Central Office / CO Installer Experience
- Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
- Successful completion of the Level IV Skill Level test
*Telamon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Telamon does not and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Telamon Corporation makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.*