Leverage your experience in a competitive market to earn top dollar for your talents. Level II Voice/Data technicians are in short supply and our clients are hiring. With a high demand for experienced voice/data technicians and a low supply of talent the market is competitive, and we are hiring. When you work with TradeSTAR you will work with the best contractors in Texas on the largest commercial projects in the region.
Our client is an enterprise-level, international provider of IT infrastructure solutions that have been in business for over 40 years and boasts several award-winning low-voltage solutions targeted at government, education, and commercial enterprises. In addition to installing infrastructure and hardware, our client provides design-build and managed services encompassing voice/data, wireless, commercial security, and audio-visual. With over 4000 employees worldwide our client is easily one of the largest in the business and capable of providing career-defining opportunities that are unheard of at smaller companies. This company was awarded a 2021 Front Line Customer Service Team of the Year, is a four-time circle of excellence award winner recognizing a focus on providing innovative solutions via integrated platforms, has been awarded the E award by the President of the United States on multiple occasions, recognized by Businessweek as one of the Best 100 Small companies, Cisco Customer Satisfaction Excellence award, Top 100 integrator, and many others. In addition to providing fantastic opportunities to its employees, this company also provides opportunities to give back to the community through its many charitable endeavors with local and national charitable organizations.
Employees are Appreciated Here:
- Medical insurance
- Advancement Opportunities
- 401K with Matching Contribution
- Paid holidays
- Referral Bonus
- Top Pay
Your Role with the Company
This position is a contract-to-hire position in a Dallas Data Center working a mid-shift from 6 PM to 2 AM. As a level II Voice Data Technician, you will have a working knowledge of industry standards and best practices for installing network cabling in commercial structures and will utilize this knowledge to lead or to work as a part of a larger installation team. You will be capable of identifying, pulling, and labeling Cat5e, Cat6, and fiber optic cabling. You will install support structures to industry standards with no supervision or guidance and you are capable of properly terminating Cat5e and Cat6 on the user/workstation end as well as roughing out and terminating 110/66 blocks, patch panels, and other equipment and cabling in MDF/IDF/Communications rooms. You may have some experience terminating fiber optic cabling and are capable of reading blueprints and schematics. You will operate test equipment such as 4 pair testers, TDR s and OTDR s with proficiency. You will identify cable paths, assist with surveys, and will assist with bids. Finally, you will lead small crews of installers ensuring quality craftsmanship on a day-to-day basis. As a Level II Technician, you will have the opportunity to further expand your knowledge base and to advance your career in a number of career trajectories both in the field or in the office.
- 2-4 years experience installing network cabling in a commercial environment.
- Capable of reading prints and schematics.
- Capable of identifying cable paths, pulling, identifying, and labeling Copper and Fiber cabling, and installing support structure with no supervision.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, various color codes, and user end terminations for Cat5e and Cat 6 cabling as well as closet rough-in and tritrim-outm out experience.
- Proficient with various test equipment including but not limited to 4 pair testers, TDR s and OTDR s.
- Exposure to fiber optic terminations.
- Experienced with industry specific hand tools related to commercial network cabling such as toner, snips, punch tools, ringer.
- Capable of leading small groups of installers in the day-to-day task of network cable installation.
- Safety Conscious.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Has reliable transportation and a valid drivers license.
- Can pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
For immediate consideration call or text us at 1-469-930-7515, drop by Monday through Friday between 8-5 PM at 8200 Springwood Dr. #245 Irving, or send your resume to email@example.com