Job Title: Cable Technician
Job Length: +6 Months with Potential Contract-to-Hire
Job Location: Asheville, NC & Raleigh, NC
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: W2 Format - Direct Deposit or Check Weekly Every Friday
Pay Rate: Open Pending Experience/Qualifications
Verigent is now hiring Low Voltage Cable Technicians for a long-term opportunity in Asheville and Raleigh, NC areas! Job sites will be throughout the local Asheville/Raleigh, NC area. Qualified candidates must have 6 months+ years of commercial experience.
Utilizing Industry and Company best practices, the Low Voltage (LV) Technician works with the LV Construction Foreman and other Technicians on the installation of Structured Cabling Systems.
The Low Voltage Technician:
- Installs structured cabling systems including but not limited to category 6, 6A, optical fiber, security, overhead paging, and audio/visual cabling within a commercial building and/or construction environment including terminations and testing.
- Installs outside plant cabling including multi-pair copper and optical fiber cabling including terminations and testing.
- Performs work abiding to all safety regulations.
- Form working relationships with others, including project managers, customers, contractors, and co-workers.
- Take direction from LV Construction Foreman.
- May be required to operate and maintain cleanliness of a company owned vehicle for business use and must sign and abide by the company's vehicle use agreement.
The Low Voltage Technician will work in several different environments that include construction sites and existing commercial buildings. Within each, this position may require to be in an attic, crawl space, or on a ladder. Areas covered are mainly Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina, with occasional travel to other areas depending on customer and project requirements where the Technician will be required to stay in a hotel. This position is required to work occasional after-hours and weekends depending on customer or project requirements. This position requires the regular use of hand tools and mechanical equipment that produces a loud noise
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Lifting, carrying, adjusting, moving and/or transporting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, maintaining balance and/or crawling for extended periods
- Pushing and pulling of arms and legs; use of abdominal and lower back muscles
- Coordinating movements of the eyes, hands, fingers and feet
- Ascending and descending of stairs, ladders, lifts, etc.
- Speaking, hearing and seeing to avoid safety hazards
- Strenuous manual labor
The Environment for This Job Will Involve:
- Indoor and/or outdoor elements
- Hot and/or cold temperatures
- Uneven terrain and/or obstacles
- Interactions with other individuals
- Loud noises
- Large machinery
- Small and/or enclosed spaces
Upon meeting eligibility criteria, Verigent offers the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Eligible after 1200 hours worked
- Paid holidays – Eligible after 690 hours worked
- 401K – Eligible the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment
- Medical, dental and other additional voluntary benefits – Eligible the first of the month after 60 days of employment
a. Job description is subject to change at supervisor’s discretion at any time.
b. Verigent is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.