Established Texas Based company is seeking a full-time, experienced Designer Manager with design experience in the commercial voice/data, electronic security, and Audio Visual verticals. The qualified candidate will have extensive experience designing Voice, Data, AV systems. This position will use Revit software to provide layouts, detailed drawings, sketches, and diagrams related to low voltage systems installed in commercial, government, educational, and industrial structures. 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM) Experience with Revit is required.
- High School diploma-GED equivalent.
- Associate degree in CADD preferred but not required.
- Autodesk ACU or ACP preferred but not required.
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD (at least 2-4 years project experience on AutoCAD) in Divisions 27/28 preferred.
- Fully proficient in pdf supporting programs like Adobe Acrobat Pro and Bluebeam, or high experience (at least two-year project experience)
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Architectural, Engineering, and Technology drawings
- Knowledge of general drafting practices and procedures
- Ability to follow company CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Good organizational, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- A team player is a must!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting Estimating on reading thru drawings, scaling, measuring, counting items, etc., and understanding other trade/division drawings to better facilitate the estimating and quote.
- Assisting Project Managers: Responsibilities may include; Producing and combining product data submittal for each job per customer or consultants’ specifications before preparing installation drawings by my department. Submitting an “RFI” to try and get any questions answered before production of shop drawings. While also reading thru the specifications under each Division for the job and coordinating with Managers to apply items to our drawings to better facilitate on-site installation work.
- Documentation and preparing ‘job folders/books’ for Technicians and PMs laying out the scope of work, drawings, and other items needed for the start of a new job.
- Producing Label identifiers for each cable in each job pertaining to installation drawings in Easy-Mark software.
- Assist in final closeout documentation compiling test Results, Manufacture Warranty's, spreadsheets, etc. in order to meet our customer’s demand.
- Sharing any and all files with GC and/or customer is required under documentation. Drawing Preparation and completion may include equipment rack elevations, supporting infrastructure Pathways, designation of infrastructure locations, as well as providing the nomenclature to any pertaining locations.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to convert drawing markups into AutoCAD, and PDF files for documentation of Technology, Security and Audio | Visual systems based on specific divisions scope of works and specifications per project.
- Produce and submit ‘Shop Drawings’ from multiple jobs which must meet any and all specifications under the division if applicable.
- Develop conceptual sketches, schematic design, design development, and construction document drawings for Technology, Security and Audio | Visual Systems
- Maintain the integrity of all CAD & PDF files with the responsibility for organizing and storage on drives and clouds. Perform QA/QC of all drawings produced in the CAD department by CAD techs under your supervision. Review per industry standards and proofread/check for errors.
- May be required to assist in quality control and final inspection of As-Built conditions on-site per BICSI TDMM in order to finalize installation drawings to represent final As-Built drawings based on the installed work.
- Finalize jobs under certain specifications that fall under shop drawings/As-builts.
- Coordinate work between multiple offices as well as outside organizations
- Interface with all project managers, Directors, and customers if needed.
This position is a full-time, direct-hire role. Compensation includes:
- 65K-95k annual base salary
- Annual profit-sharing plan
- Company subsidized health, dental, vision insurance
- Matching 401K
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Flexible work environment
For consideration, you can call/text 469-930-7515