about the position…
As a Low Voltage Systems Technician at Power Design, you’ll get the opportunity to work in a growing division in the organization and will have access to innovative technologies in the field, including a fully-equipped iPad. You’ll be on the cutting edge of industry technology, working for an organization with multiple distribution partnerships. As a Low Voltage Technician, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the installation, troubleshooting and commissioning of low voltage systems on large-scale construction projects.
- Technical adviser on programming and configuration of access control, CCTV, networking and IP-based cameras
- Work with installation team to ensure that all quality and code requirements are met.
- Act as a liaison between the project team, other trades and customers, partnering with the superintendent and foremen to ensure production is on track.
- Utilize technology such as company-provided iPad and smartphone to ensure the job gets done on time, adheres to the blueprints and specifications, and exceeds customer expectations.
here’s what we’re looking for…
- A motivated electrical Low Voltage Specialist with a drive for results who is flexible and loves using technology and working with a team.
- 3+ years of related work experience – preferably with large commercial installations – required (5+ years preferred).
- BICSI RCDD Installer certification preferred, Access Control and CCTV Manufacturer certifications (Kantech, Software House, ExacQ) preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and have strong communication skills.
- Be willing to travel as required.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
At Power Design, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Power Design believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is paramount to our success as a national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool nationwide.