Network Cabling Installer
You can now make more money as a Level I Voice/Data Technician than ever before. With a high demand for experienced voice/data technicians and a low supply of talent the market is competitive, and we are hiring. If you want to work with the best contractors in Texas on the largest commercial project in the region then we have an opportunity for you.
Founded over 30 years ago our client has since become a national leader in electrical and low voltage installations & service. Headquartered right here in Texas and with locations across the country they provide commercial A/V, Security, Access Control, Surveillance, Voice/Data, and other smart building solutions for some of the largest structures in the country and around the world. Their Dallas location has an award-winning safety record and has been voted a Best Place to Work as well as being named a Master Systems Integrator of the Year.
What is in it for you?
- 401K with Match
- Medical Insurance Options
- Paid Holidays
- Access to Top Contractors
- Competitive Pay
- Lucrative Career Opportunities
- Valuable, Real World, On the Job Experience
- Access to Free Industry Certifications
- Advanced Industry Certification Guidance
- Bonus Program
Your Role with the Company
As a Network Cabling Installer, you will be familiar with industry standards and best practices for installing network cabling in commercial structures and will utilize this knowledge to function as part of a larger installation team. They will be capable of identifying, pulling, and labeling Cat5e, Cat6, and fiberoptic cabling. Level I Technicians will install support structures to industry standards with no supervision or guidance and are capable of properly terminating Cat5e and Cat6 on the user/workstation end. Level I Technicians will have many opportunities to learn on the job as well as outside of work. They will learn to read blueprints and schematics, learn advanced color codes, learn to use test equipment, etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience installing network cabling in a commercial environment.
- Capable of pulling, identifying, and labeling Copper and Fiber cabling and installing support structure with little to no direct supervision.
- Familiar with industry standards, four pair color code, and user end terminations on Cat5e and Cat 6 cabling.
- Exposure to using a four pair tester
- Experienced with industry specific hand tools related to commercial network cabling such as toner, snips, punch tool, ringer.
- Safety Conscious.
- An excellent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work days, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Has reliable transportation and a valid drivers license.
- Can pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Infrastructure cabling
- Hand tools
- Patch Panels
Call or Text us at 281-991-0100 for immediate consideration.