The Service Technician maintains equipment in all divisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Repair of parking and access control equipment, gates, surveillance systems and peripherals
- Diagnose and resolve errors and technical problems
- Preventative maintenance on equipment
- Installation of new equipment
- Record service calls in dispatching system including time, service provided and material
- Educate customers on preventive maintenance and safety measures
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner
- Maintain and develop good customer relationships
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Regular attendance at work
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with access control and surveillance systems
- Ability to perform physical work outdoors year-round in a variety of weather elements
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to different work schedules
- Ability to trouble shoot, test, repair and service PARC equipment
- Ability to understand, speak and write English
- Good time management skills
- Must be able to install heavy equipment
- Aptitude to learn
- As a condition of employment, Guardian Access Solutions will conduct a background check and drug screen
- Experience with electronic equipment repairs
- Technical degree or certification in electronics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand; walk; dig; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Work is performed in a fast-paced indoor and outdoor construction environment and is subject to weather extremes (heat, cold, sun, wind, rain, and snow). Duties may require digging for long periods of time. Occasional need to drive a vehicle to other work locations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.